95% of unhappy customers will return if an issue is resolved quickly and efficiently.- NARMS
Last modified: June 20, 2011
5650 Greenwood Plaza Boulevard
Greenwood Village, Colorado, 80111
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a JetJaw Account we ask you for personal information, such as your name, organization, email address, and password.
- Log information – When you access JetJaw services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to JetJaw, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Sending surveys – At your request and our your behalf, we may send survey invitations via email or SMS message to email addresses or phone numbers provided by you. Your list of such email addresses or phone numbers is stored on our system, but the email addresses and phone numbers in those lists are not used by us in any other way.
- Location data – JetJaw offers location-enabled services to customers who want to capture the actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) of the devices used to respond to surveys. If you use those services, JetJaw may receive and store information about the actual location or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of JetJaw or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
JetJaw processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
You can use the JetJaw Account Information page to review and control the information stored in your JetJaw Account.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some JetJaw features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
JetJaw only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of JetJaw in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of JetJaw, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to JetJaw employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use JetJaw services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.